How to Screen Record: Apple iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod® Touch®
Screen recording is a very useful facility that allows you to demonstrate things to others clearly. It's particularly good if you are teaching somebody how to perform a function on a particular device or application. And a screen recording is a great way to make a class more engaging. People also often use screen recording to show errors or faults to those who can fix them, and this can be more accurate than a verbal description, potentially saving time, money, and frustration.
If you have an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod® Touch®, you are in luck. Apple® has mastered screen recording, frequently with sound, and it’s easy to use. You can extend the functionality of your device by learning how to screen record. So, here's how to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- To record your screen on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you will need to navigate the menu from settings to control center to custom controls. Then tap on the green circle with a white cross; this should appear next to ‘screen recording.’
- The next step is to swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. If you have an iPhone X® or later, iPad with iOS 12® or later, or iPodOS®, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen instead.
- Next, press deeply on the gray circle and tap microphone.
- You should then see the option to start screen recording. Tap to start and you will initiate a 3-second countdown, during which you have a little time to prepare.
- When you finish the screen recording, you can tap the red status bar at the top of your screen. Tap stop.
That's it. Follow the steps and you will know how to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To get your recording back on the screen so you can view it, navigate to the photos app where you will be able to see and select the screen recording you just made.
Note that there are a couple of limitations that you should be aware of. Knowing these things in advance might save you some time and frustration. The first thing to be mindful of is that not all apps will allow you to record audio. If you're unable to record audio while screen recording, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're doing something wrong. It could be that the app is not compatible with audio recording. Secondly, note that it's not possible to record your screen while screen mirroring.
Now go and give it a try. All that remains is for you to put this guide to the test. By being able to screen record on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you will get more out of these great devices.
**All trademarks are property of their respective owners.