10 Signs You Need to Upgrade Your Phone
If you have an old or outdated phone, you may wonder if it’s time to buy a new one. Getting a new phone can be time-consuming and costly, but the upgrade is necessary when you are experiencing aggravating problems. When deciding whether you need a new phone, here are some big signs you should look out for.
- Phone won’t update software: If your phone is very outdated, you may not be able to update your software to the latest operating system. If your hardware is not supported by the latest upgrades, you won’t be able to download the latest apps to keep your phone running smoothly.
- Frequent shutdowns and app crashes: Outdated phones can have issues with apps designed for newer phones. If you have an old phone and your apps crash often, it may be time for a new-to-you phone.
Having a phone that frequently shuts down is not only an annoyance, but a sign of bigger problems. If your phone shuts itself off consistently, this might mean you have to either replace the battery or the phone.
- Battery life is deteriorating: The older your phone is, the worse its battery life can get. Phones with deteriorating battery life lose power quickly, die easily, and are slow to charge. If you are experiencing any of these issues, upgrading your phone can restore you to full battery life. Most current-generation phones are equipped with a fast-charging feature that allows your phone to quickly get to 100%, and battery life that can keep your phone full for the whole day.
- Slow touch screen: As your phone gets older, its touch screen response gets slower and less accurate. If your touch screen is very slow to respond or doesn’t register your touch, an upgrade may be the only fix. Not only is a slow touch screen an annoyance, but it can prevent you from being able to use your phone!
- Running out of storage space: Old phones tend to have smaller storage than newer devices. When your storage is constantly full, you have to keep deleting pictures, apps, and other items to free up space, which can be a hassle. On top of that, your phone may become slower when its storage space is filled up. If storage is an issue, you may want to buy a newer phone. Many new phones have excellent storage space to begin with, and you can easily buy more storage if needed.
- Phone overheats: When you use your phone for an extended amount of time, it is normal for your device to feel slightly warm. But if your phone gets uncomfortably hot during usage, this points to major issues. As phones can explode from overheating, you should replace your phone or get it repaired by a professional immediately whenever overheating is apparent.
- Buttons and jacks don’t work: Once your home button, volume buttons, headphone jack, or charger port is broken, a new phone may be your only path. If your phone can’t charge or your home button doesn’t work, you may not even be able to use your phone. Replacing these parts of your phone can be costly, so buying a new or refurbished phone might be the best option for you.
- Phone is damaged: If you dropped your phone more than a few times and it’s suddenly malfunctioning, chances are it’s been damaged beyond repair. This is a classic signal that the time has come for an upgrade with a new or refurbished phone.
- Outdated features: If you have an older phone, you may have noticed that the features are either breaking down or completely outdated. A camera might take low-quality pictures compared with your friend’s phone, your phone may be slowing down as you move between apps, or you just like the appeal of features showcased on newer devices such as NFC, reading mode, or gaming mode. When you outgrow what your current phone offers, upgrading your device lets you revel in the latest features.
- You can find a great price: Maybe you don’t have any major issues but just want an upgrade to replace your outdated device. If you want to buy a new phone but are trying to save money, you should look out for offers and discounts. Instead of buying it on the day of its launch, wait for a good deal.
Interested in getting an upgrade but looking to save? MyWiT® offers high-quality used phones at great prices. Browse through a variety of options perfect for your next upgrade and include the latest features and pay a price that most likely won’t break the bank.